In this series, we are going to see about resume preparation. While preparing resume, it is very essential to mention the necessary skill sets. The main focus of this article is going to be updating necessary skills for various jobs in IT.
Let us see for Software Testing jobs at first. For a manual tester, what are all the important skills needed. Let us focus on those here.
Very important note here is, you should know your skill set prior to preparing the resume. In some areas, you may be in expert level, for some skills, you may have good experience where as for some skills, you will just have knowledge or good exposure.
Hence, in the below skills – It is up to the individual to decide – Experience / Knowledge / Exposure.
- Experience in End to End Testing, Functional Testing and Manual Testing.
- Good ability to identify issues/bottlenecks.
- Good knowledge in functional testing of Web Based/ Mobile applications including back end Database in SQL, MSSQL
- Very Strong in Analysing the requirements, Test Scenarios & Test Cases Preparations
- Excellent Problem solving skills with innovative and proactive approach
- Flexible and be able to work with changing priorities
- Experience of working in Agile Delivery Model
- Ability to identify process improvement areas and opportunities
- Assertive communication skills, Presentation skills ability to work with
- Able to manage time with multitasking
For Automation Tester, it is very much essential to know about the automation tools. Thus the skill sets should be slightly different than the manual tester.
- Have good understanding of STLC phases
- Have good understanding of Java
- Good Knowledge in TestNG, Selenium Web Driver
- Understanding analysis test planning test case preparation traceability and test execution
- Good understanding and management of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Bug tracking and reporting skills
- Excellent logical skills for problem solving and troubleshooting issues.
- Good Experience in Test Cases preparation and Execution
- Exposure in Test Tracablity and Planning
- Experience in writing Database queries.
- Exposure to Test Management and defect tracking tools.
- Good Experience in Black Box Testing
- Good Experience in writing test cases for the new feature, modifying and maintaining the existing test cases.
- Good understanding and ramping up on QA procedures, guidelines and policies for newly launched feature and apply them