SOFTWARE TESTING TRAINING IN CHENNAI – WEB APPLICATION TESTING – PART – II
This blog explains about SOFTWARE TESTING TRAINING IN CHENNAI – WEB APPLICATION TESTING – PART – II . It is explained clearly below :
We have already discussed about Web application testing in the previous blog SOFTWARE TESTING TRAINING IN CHENNAI – WEB APPLICATION TESTING – PART – I
Sample test scenarios for testing a web application
- Few other considerations to be included while testing a website are given below.
- What is the expected load on the server (e.g., number of hits per unit time)?
- What kind of performance is required under each load condition (such as web server response time, database query response times)?
- What kind of tools will be required for performance testing (such as web load testing tools, other tools already in house that can be adapted, web robot downloading tools, etc.)?
- Who is the target audience? What kind of browsers will they be using? What kind of connection speeds will they be using? Are they intra-organizations (thus likely with high connection speeds and similar browsers) or Internet-wide (thus with a wide variety of connection speeds and browser types)?
- What kind of performance is expected from the client side (e.g., how fast should pages appear, how fast should animations, applets, etc. load and run)?
- What kind of security (firewalls, encryption, passwords, etc.) will be required and what is it expected to do? How can it be tested?
- How reliable is the site’s Internet connections required to be? And how does that affect the backup system or redundant connection requirements and testing?
- What process will be required to manage updates to the web site’s content?
- What are the requirements for maintaining, tracking, and controlling page content, graphics, links, etc.?
- Which HTML specification will be adhered to? How strictly? What variations will be allowed for targeted browsers?
- Will there be any standard requirements for page appearance and/or graphics throughout a site or parts of a site??
- How will internal and external links be validated and updated? And how often? will it happen?
- Can testing be done on the production system, or will a separate test system be required?
- How are browser caching, variations in browser option settings, dial-up connection variability, and real-world internet ‘traffic congestion’ problems to be accounted for testing?
- How extensive or customized are the server logging and reporting requirements; are they considered as an integral part of the system and do they require testing?
All pages should have links external to the page; there should be no dead-end pages.
The page owner, revision date, and a link to a contact person or organization should be included on each page.
Author: Ms. Bhuvaneswari