Here in this blog we are discussing about some SEDIN – Fresher Interview Questions – Part I . Some of them are :
1. A train traveling 48 kmph completely crosses another train having half its length and traveling in opposite direction at 42 kmph in 12 seconds. It also crosses the railway platform in 45 seconds. The length of the platform is ?
Let the length of the train be 2X meters such that the half the length will be X meters. Thus the total distance covered = 3 X meters .
Relative speed = ( 48 + 42 ) kmph = 90 kmph
= 90 * 5 / 18 = 25 m/sec.
Speed = Distance covered / Total time taken
- 25 = 3X / 12
- 3X = 25 * 12 = 300 meters.
- X = 100 meters
Now the total time taken to cover the railway platform and 300 meters = 45 seconds
- Speed = Distance / Time taken
- 25 = 300 + p / 45
- 300 + p = 25 * 45 = 1125 meters
- p = 1125 – 300 = 825 meters.
Hence the length of the platform = 825 meters
2.A and B invest in the ratio 3 : 2 . If 5 % of the total profit goes to the charity and the A’s share is 855 , then the total profit is ?
The investments of A and B will be 3x and 2x out of the
total investment = 5x
If the total profit = 100 % then after giving 5 % profit to the charity
Remaining profit = 95 X / 100
Given A‘s share = Rs. 855 which is given by
A’s share = (95 X / 100 )( 3 / 5) = 855
95 X * 3 / 500 = 855
285 X = 855 * 500
Then X = ( 855 * 500 ) / 285 = 1500
Thus the total profit was Rs. 1500
- At the baseball game , Henry was sitting in the seat 253 . Marla was sitting to the right of Henry in the seat 254. In the seat to the left of Henry was George. Inez was sitting to the left of George. Which seat is Inez sitting in ?
255 254 253 252 251
? ? Henry ? ?
Marla was sitting right of Henry, which is the seat number 254.
George was sitting left of Henry, which is the seat number 252 .
Inez was sitting left of George , which is the seat number 251 .
Thus 254 253 252 251
Marla Henry George Inez
- Martina is sitting in the desk behind Jerome.
Jerome is sitting in the desk behind Bryant .
Bryant is sitting in the desk behind Martina.
If the first two statements are true , then the third statement is ?
|Statement 1||Statement 2||Statement 3|
Thus the if the first two statements are true then the third one is false.